Child Protection Specialist - Open to nationals of Belarus only
The Specialist supports the development and preparation of the Child Protection programme(s) and is responsible for the management, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation of the child protection programmes/projects within the country programme. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes. H/She facilitates the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable contributions to national and international efforts to create a protective environment for children against all harm, and to protect their rights to survival, development and well being as established under the Convention on the Rights of the Child, international treaties/frameworks and UN intergovernmental bodies.
For the detailed ToR, required qualifications and information on how to apply, please visit www.unicef.org (copy and paste the link below in your browser):
An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered as an added advantage.
- Language Requirements:
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Prior work experience in the UN System/UNICEF or another international development organization is an asset.
- Prior experience and hands-on knowledge of an Enterprise Resource System (i.e. SAP) is an asset.
- Prior experience and knowledge of UN System/UNICEF policies, procedures and guidelines is an asset.
- Working knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is highly desirable.
- UNICEF is a non-smoking organization.
Approx. monthly net salary (tax free) is USD 3,200 - 3,500 and allowances.
Apply before 23:59 Minsk time on 23 August, 2018. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.