Individual/institution consultancy- Patronage (home visiting) system assessment with equity analysis
The overall purpose of the consultancy is to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and UNICEF Country Office in the conducting an assessment of the patronage/ home visiting system. The main purpose is to determine main strengths and weaknesses of the patronage/ home visiting system, develop recommendations of concrete actions and changes to strengthen its quality and increase the coverage by home visiting services aiming to timely identify vulnerable children and families and to address disparities and inequities in basic mother and child assistance/support services.
Download full Terms of Reference.
Qualification or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
For individual consultant:
- PhD or equivalent in public health, economics, management, public administration with a minimum 10 years of working experience in the relevant field;
- Proven experience in providing consultancy services in relevant public health areas, such as health services management, health care evaluation, social workers at PHC level ;
- Previous experience in implementation of relevant or similar consultancy work in the region of CEE/CIS region would be an asset;
- Strong facilitation, training, and communication skills;
- Excellent analytical thinking, report writing, training and communication skills;
- Must be familiar and actively use relevant statistical programmes and all relevant computer applications in general;
- Proven experience in conducting feasibility studies, health market survey and needs assessment for health investments, health sector business processes re-engineering;
- Knowledge of the UNICEF global priorities;
- Experience in implementation of development projects in transition economies, experience in working with high level ministerial staff and local authorities would an asset;
- Proven ability to innovate, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills;
- The consultant(s) should be fluent in spoken and written Russian and English
- Advanced computer skills.
- The international consultant is required to submit a project proposal explaining the methodology, planned activities, lengths of the in country and outside country workdays, scope of work for national consultant and envisaged budget.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates should submit their CV, P11(http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc); and work portfolio, including detailed work plan and estimated budget within the timeframe suggested in the ToR ;
- Financial proposal for the consultancy work (calculation for the financial proposal should include fees for international and national consultants);
- Institution profile and evidence of relevant capacity, qualification or specialized knowledge/experience;  Total number of days for in-country missions may be subject to changes and will be determined in consultation with UNICEF, upon signing the contract. Applicants should base their financial proposal on the provisional number of days given in the ToR.
The deadline for the submission of proposals is 22 May, 2016, 18:00. Proposals should be submitted to Nadzeya Lukina at firstname.lastname@example.org.