National / international consultancy for Research on public investments in children and adolescents
The purpose of the research is to inform public policy decisions through generating evidence on the current allocation of resources within existing public policies and programmes that have direct and indirect impacts on child and adolescent well-being with particular focus on the most vulnerable children and adolescents. The intended impact is improved targeting and accountability of child-related public investments, which allow timely response to reduce equity gaps and deprivations of the most vulnerable children and adolescents.
For the detailed ToR, required qualifications and information on how to apply, please visit www.unicef.org (copy and paste the link below in your browser):
The experts from the selected company are required to have:
- At least 5 year experience in public policy research;
- Advanced university degree and/or academic background in economics or management;
- Extensive experience in conducting research and studies using econometric techniques;
- Familiarity with the national legislation on social sectors, local governance, public finance management and budgeting;
- Record of work with the government on public administration, finance and/or program budgeting;
- Availability of publications or academic works on the topics relevant to the study;
- High analytical and conceptual skills and ability to work in a team;
- Fluency in Russian;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is an asset.
Process for application:
Proposal from candidates should include:
- Cover letter
- A completed P-11 form
- Estimation for the daily consultancy fee. The consultant is to indicate their daily and monthly fee for the services to be provided. The fees payable to a consultant shall follow the “best value for money” principle, i.e., achieving the desired outcome at the lowest possible fee.
Selection of the consultant will be on competitive basis.
Applicants should submit their applications in English by closing date 21 August 2018 to be eligible for consideration. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.